Get Government Assistance to Hire and Retain the Right Talent
Are hiring costs preventing you from employing more staff?
We can help you access government-funded wage and training subsidies designed to help employers like you. There are a number of of federal and provincial programs to help offset your costs. For instance, if you hire an apprentice and register him/her while receiving a wage subsidy, you may be eligible for an additional hiring incentive of up to $2,000. This is in addition to the incentives offered by the Apprenticeship program through the Ministry of Training Colleges and Universities and Ontario College of Trades. The experienced team at Employment + Education Centre will help you determine your eligibility as well as guide you through the process. Since 1985, we have been helping business owners in Leeds and Grenville hire and retain the right talent.
Employer Eligibility for Wage and Training Subsidies
Eligibility requirements for most wage and training subsidy programs include:
- A current business license to operate in Ontario and a CRA business number
- Compliance with all applicable legislation including:
- Occupational Health and Safety Act
- Human Rights Legislation
- Employment Standards Act
- Freedom of Information and
- Protection of Privacy legislation
- Provide WSIB or alternative Employee Safety Insurance and 3rd Party Liability Insurance
- Have potential for long-term employment or a contract
- Ensuring the program is not being used to replace existing or laid-off employees
- Have the ability to provide relevant training/work experience that will assist the employee in achieving his/her employment goal as well as help you achieve your business goals.
- Having the ability to:
- Provide feedback and assessments of the employee’s skill level
- Demonstrate the ability to provide adequate supervision
- Place the employee on the business payroll and
- Provide the same terms, conditions and benefits as for all regular employees
Free Hiring Services + Expert Assistance with Wage and Training Subsidies
Hiring time and costs are often the biggest obstacles to finding the right employees. Studies estimate that recruiting for an entry level minimum wage position can cost employers over $1,000. Once hired, you have the additional expense of training the new employee resulting in stalled productivity and revenue. At the Employment + Education Centre, we have extensive resources to help you find, hire and retain your next candidate. Employers in Leeds and Grenville also rely on us for expert assistance with wage and training subsidies to meet their hiring costs.
All our programs for job seekers and employers are funded by Provincial and Federal governments, and delivered to you free of cost. Talk to us about your hiring and training needs.
Let us help you manage your staffing and training needs in a cost-efficient manner.
Canada-Ontario Job Grant Program
What is the Canada-Ontario Job Grant?
The Canada-Ontario Job Grant provides direct financial support to individual employers who wish to purchase training for their employees. The objective is to meet the unique needs of businesses that do not have the capacity to develop the training.
Here are some important points to be aware of:
- It is available to qualifying small, medium and large businesses with a plan to deliver short-term training to existing and new employees.
- Employers are required to contribute one-third of the total costs, and can receive up to $10,000 in government support per person for training costs
- There will be additional flexibility for small businesses to provide an in-kind contribution towards their share of the costs.
- Training must be delivered by an eligible, third-party trainer.
Get in touch with one of EEC’s experienced staff to determine if the Canada-Ontario Job Grant is suitable and available to you. Applications are accepted on an ongoing basis.