Youth Job Connection Program
CLICK HERE TO APPLY
Getting Training and Employment Assistance
Are you a young person looking for a job? Consider the Youth Job Connection program! Specially designed for young persons aged 15 to 29 years who are unemployed and not in full time school, this government-funded initiative provides training and employment assistance to help maximize your potential. Come to the Employment + Education Centre (EEC) to find out more about this service that helps youth find jobs.
Overview of Our Youth Job Connection Program
Youth Job Connection provides paid pre-employment training to assist unemployed youth to improve their skills and find work or start a business.
- Here is an overview of the program. We offer a year-round component, for youth aged 15 to 29 who are not in employment, education or training – full-time and who experience barriers to employment.
- Intensive support services that include:
- Paid 4-week onsite training to promote job-readiness
- Job matching and paid job placements, with placement support for participants and hiring incentives for employers
- Mentorship services
- Education and work transitions support
- Youth will be required to complete a minimum of 60 hours of pre-employment training prior to a referral to a job.
- Flexible format: This program will be offered in group sessions or on an individual basis, whichever is most beneficial to the youth.
What Skills You Can Learn
- Fundamental job readiness skills
- Career development/career exploration
- Personal management (life) skills
- Job attainment skills
- Employment related skills
- Job maintenance and career advancement skills
Who Can Apply for the Youth Job Connection Program
To apply for the Youth Job Connection Program, you must be:
- 15-29 years of age
- A resident of Ontario
- Eligible to work in Canada
- Not participating in full-time training or education
Register at the Employment + Education Centre
Do you want to register for the Youth Job Connection program? Our youth counsellor will be happy to help. Set up a meeting to discuss program eligibility, expectations, stipends and other details. We will even help you with the application process.
Since 1985, the Employment + Education Centre has helped individuals in Leeds and Grenville find jobs and build a rewarding career. Whether you need help with career planning, skills training or finding a job—we are here for you.
To schedule a meeting with our youth counsellor or learn more about the Youth Job Connection Program, call 613-498-2111, 1-800-926-0777 (toll free) or 613-498-3123 (TTY).