TO ALL CURRENT HOMEWARD BOUND PARTICIPANTS: Program completion has been postponed. Please email Laurelle for more information at email@example.com.
Homeward Bound Brockville – Program for Single Mothers
Get Help Obtaining a College Degree, Finding a Job and becoming Financially Self Sufficient
Are you a single mother looking to improve your financial situation? Struggling to find a job that will provide for your family? The Homeward Bound Brockville program may be the opportunity you are looking for.
Homeward Bound Brockville program can help you obtain a college degree, find a job and become economically self-sufficient. This holistic, job-readiness program designed to help precariously-housed and homeless single mothers, provides wrap-around support to address systemic barriers that keep families like yours living in poverty.
Our community is proud to have been chosen to replicate the successful Homeward Bound program established by WoodGreen Community Services. This community program is committed to helping women tackle poverty by providing housing options, skills development, educational opportunities, internships and employment.
Homeward Bound Brockville includes:
- Personal development support: case management, life skills, parenting skills, financial literacy, and budgeting.
- Education/training in a marketable skill: career and educational resources, including: academic upgrading, college preparation, employment preparation, computer skills and training.
- Assistance with child care
- Internships and employment opportunities
In addition to replicating WoodGreen’s Homeward Bound, we are introducing a new innovative second stream which includes most elements of the original program with exception of post-secondary education. The primary focus of this stream will be movement directly into the labour market following the support and preparation components.
The team at the Employment + Education Centre will help you determine your eligibility for the program and guide you through the application process.
- Applicants must be 19 or older and have at least one child younger than 17
- Be receiving or eligible for Ontario Works, Employment Insurance or Ontario Disability Support program Benefits
- Canadian Citizen, landed immigrant, or convention refugee
- Homeward Bound Brockville participants will receive academic upgrading , computer training and career planning assistance.
One of our recent participants was selected as valedictorian at TR Leger Alternative School Graduation. You can hear her speech here at 1:02 - 1:13.